Stir Fried Green Curry · Pad Gaeng Daeng
Stir-fried curries are hotter than their wet cousins, but the flavour concentration is what makes them so wonderful.
- 200g meat of your choice, finely sliced
- 160ml Thai Gold Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Green Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar (optional)
- 50ml strong chicken stock (use a whole cube in only 50ml water, or the real thing)
- 1 serving / 200g of your favourite mixed fresh vegetables, roughly chopped.
- 1 clove garlic
- Heat your pan / wok and oil up to a medium temperature.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk and stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add the meat, increase the temperature and stir-fry for five minutes
- Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, vegetables and stock.
- Stir-fry for a further three minutes
- Garnish with sliced red chilies
- Serve with Organic Thai Jasmine Rice, try Thai Gold Brown Organic Jasmine Rice for the softest, tastiest brown rice available.
- Mild: The Thais add fresh chili with the vegetables to spice up this dish.
- Variation: You can try this with seafood or tofu. Add at step 5 for a little less time in the pan. Try mangetout, bamboo shoots or fine beans for a difference.
- You'll need: Medium-big size pan or wok.