Pad Thai. The Classic Thai Stir-Fried Noodle Dish
The signature Thai stir-fried noodle dish, if you have been to Thailand on a holiday you will have had a hard time avoiding it. The primary flavour is tamarind, a wonderful fruit that grows in the mountainous areas of Thailand.
- 400g Thai Gold Rice Noodles
- 200ml bottle Thai Gold Pad Thai Sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g beansprouts
- 50g spring onion, finely chopped
- 50g peanuts, crushed.
- Cook the noodles and rinse with cold water when cooked.
- Heat the pan and oil up to stir-fry temperature.
- Add the garlic and cook till golden.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry for about two minutes.
- Add the Pad Thai Sauce and cook for about two to three minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir-fry until the eggs are cooked.
- Turn off the heat and serve onto dishes.
- Serve with beansprouts, spring onion and crushed peanuts on top.
- Tip: The Thais add crushed dried chili after serving if they want to spice up a noodle dish.
- Learn: This is an easy stir-fry, check out how to stir-fry on this site if you're not feeling confident.
- Variation: You can try this with any meat, seafood or tofu. Add meat at Step 3 or seafood at Step 6.
- You'll need: Medium-big size pan or wok.