Thai Massaman Curry with beef
Massaman, the classic mild southern curry is the Irish stew of Thai curries - wholesome, robust and aromatic.
- 400ml Thai Gold Coconut Milk
- 2-3 teaspoons Thai Gold Massaman Curry Paste
- 400g Sliced beef, round steak or stewing beef
- 2-3 teaspoons Thai Gold Nam Plaa (Fish Sauce)
- 150ml Beef stock
- 2 teaspoons Thai Gold Palm Sugar or normal sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 70g Cashew nuts
- 1 large Onion, finely sliced
- 3 large Potatoes, cubed - waxy are best
- 250ml Water
- Add the Thai Gold Coconut Milk to a saucepan and heat up to near boiling, stirring frequently.
- Add the Massaman Curry Paste and stir, combining the paste with the milk.
- Add the beef and the beef stock.
- Add 3-4 tsp of Thai Gold Nam Plaa (Fish Sauce), and the Palm Sugar.
- Next add the cubed potatoes, the onions and the water. Reduce to medium heat and slow cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Tip: In a pan, add a few drops of oil, toast the nuts over a low heat until browned tossing frequently and use as garnish.
- Tip: Cook Massaman for as long as possible for best results.
- Serving: Serve with Thai Gold Jasmine Rice, leftovers need to be mopped up with crusty bread, yummy!