Thai Coconut Milk Noodle Soup · Laksa
Laksa is a coconut milk noodle soup from the south of Thailand, a wonderful light and quick meal for an Irish day.
- 200g Thai Gold Rice Noodles (equivalent to a half pack)
- 200g meet / seafood / tofu
- 400ml Thai Gold Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Red Curry Paste
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Fish Sauce
- 250ml stock
- 25g fresh bean sprouts
- Half cup fresh coriander
- 3 stalks spring onion, finely chopped.
- Put the coconut milk in a saucepan on medium heat and stir until just boiling.
- Cook the noodles by placing in hot water for about 5 to 10 minutes, rinse with cold water when cooked if you are not going to use immediately.
- Add the red curry paste and stir for a couple of minutes until combined.
- Add the meat, sugar, fish sauce and stock, cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Fill a large soup bowl about half way with the soup.
- Add the rice noodles to soup, the soup will warm them.
- Garnish with bean sprouts, spring onion and coriander.
- Serve, if you haven’t got the hang of chopsticks use a spoon and fork.
- Tip: Not hot, the Thais add both fresh and dried chili to spice up a Laksa.
- Variation: You can try this with any meat, seafood or tofu. Add meat at Step 4 or seafood for a little less time.