Thai Yellow Curry with chicken
Thai Yellow, ‘Gaeng Karee’ is a mild southern curry with hints of turmeric and cumin from south asian trade routes.
- 400ml Thai Gold Coconut Milk
- 2-3 teaspoons Thai Gold Yellow Curry Paste
- 4 Chicken fillets, finely sliced
- 150ml Chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Thai Gold Light Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai Gold Nam Plaa (Fish Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Thai Gold Palm Sugar or normal sugar
- 1 medium Chopped and diced onion
- 1 Sliced pepper
- 3 Potatoes, cubed and parboiled
- 6-7 Cherry tomatoes
- Add the Thai Gold Coconut Milk to a saucepan and heat up to near boiling, stirring frequently.
- Add 2 tsp of Thai Gold Yellow Curry Paste and stir, combining the paste with the milk.
- Add the finely sliced chicken, chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp of Thai Gold Nam Plaa (Fish Sauce), and 2 tsp of Palm Sugar. Cook at medium / high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp of Thai Gold Nam Plaa (Fish Sauce), 2 tsp of Light Soy Sauce and the Palm Sugar. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Next add the vegetables and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Hot & Spicy: Add some fresh chopped chillies with the vegetables.
- Variation: Try any seasonal fresh vegetables.
- Serving: Serve with Thai Gold Jasmine Rice.